Steak tacos can be a grand idea, whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or just enjoying a hearty, healthy meal with your family and friends.
Prep time: 35 minutes (includes marinating time) | Cook time: 5 minutes
- ¾ cup Pineapple juice
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Remaining ingredients
- 2oz Hola Nola Fajita Seasoning or to taste
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 Hola Nola Corn Tortillas, White or Yellow
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup Spicy Pico de Gallo*
Combine marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
Cut beef in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Combine beef and marinade in a zip-top plastic bag. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Remove beef from marinade and discard marinade. Sprinkle Hola Nola Fajita seasoning to your liking on beef (remember to season both sides).
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add half of beef to pan. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink (do not overcook). Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining beef.
Lay tortillas on a flat work surface. Divide beef evenly among tortillas. Top with each with 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon Spicy Pico de Gallo. Serve with extra Spicy Pico de Gallo.
* To make Spicy Pico de Gallo, combine 1-1/2 cup chopped tomato, 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro and 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper in a large bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup hot sauce and 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice. Cover, and refrigerate 1 hour.
Recipe Courtesy of David Cabello
Number of Servings: 12