You don’t have to wait until Friday to have these adobo-rubbed grilled fish tacos. These will go well any day of the week.
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons New Mexico or ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) ½ inch-thick skinless fresh gulf Speckled Trout, Red Fish or Red Snapper
- 1 Package of Hola Nola Tortillas, White or Yellow Corn
- 3 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema sauce
- Garnish ideas: guacamole, hot salsa
Combine all dry ingredients (through pepper) with lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over fish. Cover and refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Grill fish 3-5 minutes per side or until it is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork. Transfer fish to a platter and separate into large chunks.
Warm Hola Nola tortillas on hot grill. Serve fish family-style with tortillas, cabbage, Mexican crema sauce, guacamole and salsa.
Number of Servings: 4-8